Friday 6 April 2012

Chatterbox.

Mummy and big sister were reading a story called Chatterbox by Margaret Wild the other night. It is about a baby who suddenly starts talking and then there is no stopping her. Big sister really enjoyed the story (so did i).


That story got me thinking, so the next night i decided i'd try and talk and impress everyone as much as the little girl in the book did.

Well i didn't do quite as well as she did but this week i have managed to start 'babbling' so i am feeling rather proud of myself.


'Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba' is what i have managed to acheive so far. Daddy keeps asking me to say 'da-da-da-da' but when i try it just comes out sounding like 'blah-blah-blah!' ;).

I have been trying really hard though and I make my new sounds whenever someone talks to me. Sometimes rather than my new sounds i just make a friendly scream or growl instead but big sister seems to be quite excited by any noise I make. She told Mummy that when i am a big girl i will use more words but i need to be a bit taller first. I look forward to that time, whenever it arrives!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are going very well! and very cute too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm trying hard every day to improve my range of words!!! ;)

      Delete